The regulations that had been proposed for so long have now been finalized - and they will have the most significant impact on 403(b) plans in over 40 years!
Aspen Publishers 403(b) Answer Book, Seventh Edition includes:
- Insights into the new 403(b) tax-free transfer rules, information sharing agreements, and when a Section 403(b) plan may not be affected
- Updates on the regulations contained in Revenue Procedure 2007-71
- Clarification of the new Section 403(b) plan document requirements and how it affects non-ERISA plans
- Coverage of the new restrictions on Section 403(b) distributions that affect other than salary reduction contributions and when the new restrictions will not apply
- And much more!
403(b) Answer Book, Seventh Edition provides in-depth coverage of the final 403(b) regulations. This one-volume resource delivers clear and concise answers to all of your 403(b) questions, including:
- When must the employer adopt a formal plan and what does it need to contain?
- What are the tax consequences if a Section 403(b) plan fails to satisfy the applicable Code Section 403(b) requirements?
- What types of investments may be held under a Section 403(b) plan?
- When is a Section 403(b) plan subject to ERISA and what what does ERISA coverage entail?
- May a Section 403(b) plan provide for automatic contribution arrangements?
- What coverage and nondiscrimination rules apply to Section 403(b) programs?
- What limits govern contributions to a Section 403(b) tax-deferred annuity program?
- How broad is the scope of the ERISA fiduciary's duty in selecting an annuity provider?
- What are the differences between an exchange of Section 403(b) contracts under the final Code Section 403(b) regulations published in 2007 and a direct transfer between Section 403(b) contracts pursuant to Revenue Ruling 90-24?
- What is an information sharing agreement and when is it required?